Applications are on-line only via the University of Washington Graduate Admissions site:
We do not accept Graduate Non-Matriculated (GNM) students.
The general steps for the online application process:
- Go to the UW Grad School application site: https://grad.uw.edu/admissions/apply-now/
- Create a Login ID and Password.
- Follow the application instructions through the Graduate School web site.
- Fill out the on-line application form.
- Online recommendations: Type in the 3 recommender’s names and e-mail addresses. Make sure you have selected “Online”. Once you submit the names, your recommenders will receive an automatic email telling them which web site to go to for uploading or copy-and-pasting the recommendation(s). After they have submitted the recommendation, you will then receive an email stating that the recommendation process has been completed. You can monitor the status of each recommendation on the application web site.
- You must upload your unofficial transcripts into the application. We do not accept paper transcripts.
- Upload your Statement of Purpose. Please address the following items in your statement of purpose and include any other information that you would like to share about yourself.
- Earning a Ph.D. can be rewarding, personally and professionally. Explain why you want to pursue a Ph.D. and which elements of the UW BPSD program interest you. Which BPSD-affiliated faculty members’ research interests you and why?
- Describe your previous research experience. From that experience, what were the most successful and interesting aspects?
- Graduate school is inherently challenging. Describe a time when you overcame a significant challenge, scientific or otherwise.
- Diversity is important to us. Are there aspects of your background, experiences, or interests that would contribute to the diversity of the BPSD program and the UW community?
- Upload your CV.
- Complete the online process by paying the application fee using your credit or debit card and submitting the on-line application.
- You will then receive payment confirmation.
GRE Scores: The BPSD Program does not require GRE scores.
TOEFL Scores: TOEFL scores must be submitted through ETS using the UW code 4854. Please see University of Washington Graduate Admissions website for details. Only official testing scores may be submitted.