Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Now It's Time for Action!

All of you have calculated your emissions and you have surely discovered the unexpectedly high impact of some of your behaviors (eating meat, flying to a sunny destination, etc.) on your total footprints.

Are there any behaviors that you are really willing to change or to improve for the sake of the environment? What challenges do you encounter or think you will encounter while trying to change these things? What help, support, and insights from others would make your life easier with these new behaviors?

Let's discuss these issues and make our pledges here!

Now It's Time for Action >

The world will be a better place if ....

AmbraR

The world will be a better place if we use the public transport to reduce the carbon emissions

OPENDANOOR1

is your name rodrigo

Bethany_G@rcia

I completely agree. Public transport is a great way to start a reduction in the carbon emissions coming from other ways of transportation. In fact with each individual that chooses to make this change a change of up to 2.2 tons of emissions can be saved. Even doing things like carpooling can make a change too! If carpooling is an option this could save up to 1.0 tons of carbon emissions and is worth it if it's a possible option for people.

https://www.un.org/en/actnow/transport# … 3.6%20tons!

E32309

I agree. More public transportation would definitely be better for the environment. I think that the USA especially has to work on this. The USA is very car-dependent, which causes a lot of problems. First of all, there is a lot of traffic, which makes people late for work, school, etc. It also negatively impacts the environment by having more cars on the road emitting carbon dioxide. Having better public transportation would make daily commutes to and from work and school more convenient for people, and it would reduce the amount of pollution in the air.

Mauro GR

You definitely have a point. If a destination is too far to walk or bike to, public transportation is a great way to reduce carbon emissions for two reasons. First, public transportation allows larger groups of people to travel to the same destination and it takes up less space. You can imagine how much more space there is when there's 20 people on a bus compared to 20 people in individual cars on a road. Furthermore, a lot of the buses in my area have a "clean gas certified" text or something similar to that, and it made me think about how many cars in the U.S. are electric. According to J.D. Power, only less than 1% of all car sales are electric. If we compare the facts  here, being able to transport more people at the same time while taking up less space with vehicles that are intentionally made to reduce carbon, is something that should be more acknowledged and preferred compared to individual people transporting themselves which takes up more space, and less than 1% of these cars are made to drastically reduce carbon emissions.

https://www.jdpower.com/cars/shopping-g … e-electric

elliesimons

I completely agree with what you said. I think that using public transportation can have a very positive impact on the environment and make the world a better place. If we reduce the number of cars on the road, then we can decrease the amount of air pollution and carbon emissions. Buses and trains can transport a large number of people at once, reducing traffic and promoting a greener way to get around. For example, I've started bussing home from school every day due to my parents working, and even though I'm just one person, if we can get more people to make these little changes in their lives, we can slowly help save our planet, and reduce the amount of carbon emissions.

6 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer