Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Food & Hunger

What did you learn about dietary choices from using the footprint calculator? Now imagine that you could translate what you learned into an effective societal policy on food- what would it be? And how would this policy effect the need to alleviate world hunger?

925 million people on earth do not have enough to eat according to the FAO [Food and Agricultural Organization]. That's almost 1 in 7 inhabitants of our planet!

Food & Hunger >

Some throw food away while others don't have any

Hildur

I think it is absurd that some people have so much food that they trow half of it away while others don’t have enough to feed themselves or their families. We should focus more on finding a solution where we use all of the resources we produce instead of trowing so much away. That creates a lot of food waste that is also negative for our environment.

Horit

Yeah I don't really get it either, and I hope it changes soon.

clarkc2969

I agree. Places like restaurants that throw away half of a meal when at least some part of it can still be eaten isn't right. I understand if it is just a couple grains of rice or something, but if someone only eats part of a meal it should be saved for someone else to it, or at least some new system.

akhavane0593

I have seen schools do this. Some kids don't touch their food and trow it away and schools never tell us what to do with them. We should have a place in school to put the food we don't eat for the other kids that don't have lunch or the student that want them we should not waste. There are people in other countries that don't have food to eat. So we should care more about the environment.

alis9277

I agree it is absurd but how do you suppose we could change this?

akhavane0593

I have seen schools do this. Some kids don't touch their food and trow it away and schools never tell us what to do with them. We should have a place in school to put the food we don't eat for the other kids that don't have lunch or the student that want them we should not waste. There are people in other countries that don't have food to eat. So we should care more about the environment.

Julian James-Jardines

I agree with this it is really sad how people take advantage of the ability to access food while other are struggling to find what to eat for that day.

Muhammad R

I agree but some people just don't care to think of the harm that could come out of what they're doing.

Ben Castillo

some companies see the people who struggle with obtaining food and just throw out the fresh food away, its absurd how they do this and not give it back to communities.

TheSiab-M2182

Schools don't monitor whether or not children eat their lunches. Most of it just gets throw away and isn't even saved for later. Kids in other countries starve and try each day to survive while those who have it all aren't being thankful at all.

Shril

I agree, but the thing is I don’t really think someone's gonna participate in this action. However, if we push this thought enough, many people will begin to think about and it and try to find another solution.

wiggina

I agree, to add on to this there should be an organization of some sort to make sure that food waste is kept or recycled. Restaurants should have to either donate thrown out food to charity, with an exception made to food that is harmful, or give it out to customers for free.

You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer