Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Now It's Time for Action!

All of you have calculated your emissions and you have surely discovered the unexpectedly high impact of some of your behaviors (eating meat, flying to a sunny destination, etc.) on your total footprints.

Are there any behaviors that you are really willing to change or to improve for the sake of the environment? What challenges do you encounter or think you will encounter while trying to change these things? What help, support, and insights from others would make your life easier with these new behaviors?

Let's discuss these issues and make our pledges here!

Now It's Time for Action >

Eco-Friendly Options Can Be Very Costly

flykappinq

Eco-friendly options like buying reusable containers, water-saving and efficient appliances usually cost more than their non-green counterparts.
This also directly relates to human ethics. Buying cheap things made through underpaid and unsafe work saves a lot of money but also supports an extremely wrong industry. Compare this to buying things made in your home country, where every worker is paid a livable wage and all materials are environmentally friendly. It's obvious that it would cost a lot more.

sahilsingh5616

I agree with this. While these re-usable items are a lot better for the environment, they cost more to produce and buy. Because of this, many people just decide to get the cheaper option, which while saving them money, will not have very good effects for the environment.

wangn8963

I see your point about eco-friendly options being more expensive, however, it is better than having so many bad stuff in our environment, such as plastic. I agree with your second paragraph, though as buying cheap things, such as clothes, but it is extremely unethical, as the workers are most likely underpaid.

theimposter

I thoroughly agree with you. Sweatshops and other unsafe factories based on unprotected labor regulations save a lot of money, but are also very unethical. Usually, these products are made with non eco-friendly materials, since they’re so cheap. Organizations that use eco-friendly materials usually have more expensive products. While buying eco-friendly products is good for the environment, people have to recognize that we cannot do this unless the lines blur between classes and poorer people have access to much more money. -Rainn smile

Mohammad Shirzad

I have to agree with you. Most of the products that Americans use are actually not from America but from other countries like China or countries that are not that rich. They make them from cheap materials that they ship to America and they get sold for a bigger price and get used for a year and get thrown out into the oceans.

5 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer