Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Food & Hunger

What did you learn about dietary choices from using the footprint calculator? Now imagine that you could translate what you learned into an effective societal policy on food- what would it be? And how would this policy effect the need to alleviate world hunger?

925 million people on earth do not have enough to eat according to the FAO [Food and Agricultural Organization]. That's almost 1 in 7 inhabitants of our planet!

Food & Hunger >

Thoughts on how we deal with food

ndkn on MC

"925 million people on earth do not have enough to eat according to the FAO [Food and Agricultural Organization]. That's almost 1 in 7 inhabitants of our planet!". To put that into perspective, around TWELVE percent of the human population doesn't have enough to eat. That saddens me because a lot of people are wasteful with their food, as of recent. A decent amount of foods that are produced, have some sort of preservatives or are genetically modified. I think that we, as a species can do better, and should do better with how they deal with food. For example, if you have... fruits in a "fruit bowl", or in a refrigerator, don't just let it sit there and rot, as that would be wasting. It doesn't seem like a lot, but if you eat that brown banana, or that bruised apple, you would be helping the environment a lot.

EmcElliot

I feel like hunger is a big issue in smaller third world countries and even some bigger countries as well if you compare the amount of food waste in countries like the United States and the countries like Guiana it’s apartment that we waste way to much food

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer