Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Home Grown

How much does eating locally-produced food help the climate problem? What are the other potential environmental and social benefits of eating locally-grown/produced food? Do you have a food garden in your school or at home? If not, do you want one?

Home Grown >

Try and grow your own food

Diego Berber

I believe that a way to make our human civilization more eco friendly is by producing our own vegetables. I myself have planted my own food for the past 2 years. Although I did harvest my own food, It was not my main source of food mainly because it takes time to grow. But, I did try it and I did see some benefits around my garden. The soil was more rich in natural nutrients and there was more life around my garden like bees, lady bugs, and caterpillars. All these animals, except the caterpillar of course, pollinated my plants and made them produce fruit. Growing your own food helps reduce the gases emissions in our planet because instead of buying food from the store that got there via transportation, we grow our own food while also benefiting the environment around it.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer