Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Food & Hunger

What did you learn about dietary choices from using the footprint calculator? Now imagine that you could translate what you learned into an effective societal policy on food- what would it be? And how would this policy effect the need to alleviate world hunger?

925 million people on earth do not have enough to eat according to the FAO [Food and Agricultural Organization]. That's almost 1 in 7 inhabitants of our planet!

Food & Hunger >

Food and hunger

londale

I grew up having to push hard for food often times. I try to never waste a kibble. I known what it feels like to be so hungry and watch restaurants toss out so much food at nights end. It's very difficult to pay attention in school with hunger pains.
I'm unsure about other countries but here in the good 'ol USA, there is soooo much unnecessary food waste. A lot of the bigger eateries & establishments will toss orders that weren't picked up or plates returned by an unsatisfied customer, etc. before they will give it away. Humanitarianism is terrible for capitalism.
Always be thankful for what you have, and never take for granted the unfavorable meals your parents may serve. There are so many who go so hungry because they don't have that luxury. I often woke up wondering where my next meal was coming from. But hey, I was grateful to be waking up in a bed, under a roof.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer