Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

MY Family Footprint

Many students using our footprint calculator said that they could not pledge to reduce their home footprints because they were not making the decisions for the household. Here is your chance to design your own sustainable virtual household!

If you had your own home, what would you do to make it more energy efficient? Where would you get your electricity from? Where would your house be? Would you live near to your school or work or local transit options? Where would you get your food from?

MY Family Footprint >

My carbon footprint

Diana22

My carbon footprint is 3821 kg of CO2 per year, compared to an average of 6968 for my country and 3791 worldwide. I thought that my footprint would be higher for Spain and worldwide and surprisingly is lower than Spain’s average and higher than the worldwide average. However, it is still a lot of kilograms of CO2 emitted into the atmosphere. According to the notes below my carbon footprint, it says that to have a “globally sustainable” footprint level the average should be about 1000 kg per capita. Therefore, I should fix the mistakes that I make to lower my carbon footprint. Some things can be done to lower my levels such as not using so much the air conditioning or avoiding the use of cars and replacing them for going by foot.

Jasmine27

I feel like your ideas to help lower your carbon footprint will be very effective. They were also very helpful for me because they inspired me in getting some ideas on how to lower my own carbon footprint, like avoiding the usage of heating.

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer