Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Home Grown

How much does eating locally-produced food help the climate problem? What are the other potential environmental and social benefits of eating locally-grown/produced food? Do you have a food garden in your school or at home? If not, do you want one?

Home Grown >

What is the benefit of home grown food?

Maryam Aldayyeni

Some benefits of home grown food would be that you wouldn’t have to worry about buying the food, and it would help save money. With that money you would be more immune to a high carbon footprint. It is a great advantage to be able to grow food at home. This would also save you gas bills for your cars. Take note that cars also give you a high carbon footprint, so without the need to go out to buy food, and waste gas, you have the luxury of home grown foods.

tomart8677

Oh I agree that growing your own food is beneficial to reducing your carbon footprint as you don't have to drive to the grocery store and add more greenhouse gases. I do think that making your own garden is pretty time consuming as my dad has made a large garden for our family in our backyard, but it took him 2 years of care, time, and pure dedication to successfully cultivate multiple fruits and vegetables.

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer