Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Off the Table?

Are there aspects of your daily life that you know contribute to your carbon footprint but you are unwilling to compromise to change them? In other words, what about your life is “off the table” when it comes to carbon emissions? It's OK to admit it- we all have these cherished behaviors!

Off the Table? >

Off the table

elliott_08

A lot of activities that my family does such as traveling is very fun to do, and unfortunately, it adds on to our carbon footprint. Not only is it also very costly for us, it adds unnecessary carbon dioxide into the atmosphere and this stuff destroys our planet. When I am older and in more control of my life, I am for sure not going on as many trips as my family does nowadays. Eating habits is also a problem, as I never see myself going vegetarian or vegan. Buying and eating meat, especially processed foods, isn’t good for the earth but yet it is hard to let go of, since it is part of my everyday meals.

BPM at night

I can also relate to this, my family also travels once in a while, and with our eating habits, we cannot live without processed meats because they are what makes most, if not all our meals, especially when they help speed the process of cooking.

Nora Giddings

Even though you may need processed meats to cook meals a good idea is switching to chicken or fish. Cows produce so much methane it greatly affects our atmosphere. Eating cows causes more demand which then leads to more breeding of cows leading to more methane being produced. Cows produce 14.5% of all green house gases going into our atmosphere. Just cutting cows out of your diet will help your carbon footprint decrease by a lot.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer