Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Now It's Time for Action!

All of you have calculated your emissions and you have surely discovered the unexpectedly high impact of some of your behaviors (eating meat, flying to a sunny destination, etc.) on your total footprints.

Are there any behaviors that you are really willing to change or to improve for the sake of the environment? What challenges do you encounter or think you will encounter while trying to change these things? What help, support, and insights from others would make your life easier with these new behaviors?

Let's discuss these issues and make our pledges here!

Now It's Time for Action >

How can we lessen our carbon footprint to improve our community

Monique_1234

In our community it is very important to do all we can to lessen our carbon footprint such as recycling, being aware of the resources we are using, and not using cars that require a lot of gas.

anaira

I agree that we need to decrease our carbon footprint in communities and I think that we can also do this in schools. One of the recommendations I have to act now are to follow some sustainable practices like: schools can provide more organically/locally grown food to the area as well as less meat products, administrations could also switch over to eco-friendly buses which might encourage more students to take the bus rather then driving in their own cars which emit more gases and one other suggestion I have specifically for schools is to promote more ways to reduce the carbon footprint in the science classroom. Personally, I know a multitude of students who really enjoy on-hands learning so maybe schools can start incorporating that in the way students learn how to plant trees. At our school we do have a gardening and horticulture class but I am saying more of that can be done maybe a teacher or student could start a sustainability club.

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer