Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

MY Family Footprint

Many students using our footprint calculator said that they could not pledge to reduce their home footprints because they were not making the decisions for the household. Here is your chance to design your own sustainable virtual household!

If you had your own home, what would you do to make it more energy efficient? Where would you get your electricity from? Where would your house be? Would you live near to your school or work or local transit options? Where would you get your food from?

MY Family Footprint >

My family footprint

AbbyHelenButler

When it comes to carbon emissions my family isn’t the most aware but we do our best given the amount of knowledge that we have. We use a wood stove to heat our house in the winter, a wood stove was the best choice because we thought that it would last longer for its price and that it would be more efficient. When it comes to actually using this stove, we really only use it for a couple of months in the winter and even then, we only use it for a couple days a week, and for only around 4 hours a day. We understand the effects that using our wood stove for an extended period of time has so we decide to not use it until it gets really cold inside the house. We also garden because it is a fun activity to do in the summer and it can help reduce carbon emissions. We use 4 12ft by 3ft gardening boxes  nd 4 3ft by 3ft gardening boxes. We known that these gardening boxes don’t make up for all of the carbon that we produce but we are trying to do this little thing to help make up for as much as we can.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer