Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Home Grown

How much does eating locally-produced food help the climate problem? What are the other potential environmental and social benefits of eating locally-grown/produced food? Do you have a food garden in your school or at home? If not, do you want one?

Home Grown >

Organic/Natural Produce

anaira

My family has always encouraged me to consume organic and natural foods, which is something I am proud to say. I am very grateful of this because it has given me the opportunity to have a better appreciation of the necessity of clean foods in your diet.  What takes organic and natural produce to the next level is having it grown right in your own backyard. Now at first this may seem difficult but with the right mindset and proper tools it’s easy to do. You do not necessarily need an actual in-ground garden (depending on what you are attempting at growing). I have known people to raise plants indoors, of course near a window so they could receive the proper amount of sunlight, I have also known people to rise plants outside in raised garden beds. Not only is the process of growing healthy, clean food simple but it’s a very rewarding process to your physical and mental health. There is tons of research out there about how eating clean food helps your mind develop and obtain new information and how it helps your body reach its full potential. Growing your very own organic produce might be a tough process at first but again it certainly is rewarding!

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer