Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Food & Hunger

What did you learn about dietary choices from using the footprint calculator? Now imagine that you could translate what you learned into an effective societal policy on food- what would it be? And how would this policy effect the need to alleviate world hunger?

925 million people on earth do not have enough to eat according to the FAO [Food and Agricultural Organization]. That's almost 1 in 7 inhabitants of our planet!

Food & Hunger >

Food and Hunger

Daria Vasile

While many families throw away food that they didn't consume in time or that they don't like, other families don't even have anything to feed their children. People who can afford to buy all the products they need,  should be grateful and try not to waste food. Thus, buying from the store only the amount of food they can eat, keeping the leftovers for later, but also making compost with the food scraps, they manage not to waste food. Also, if they have food at home that they will not eat and that is in good condition, they can donate it to those who really need food.

Maryam09

Hello Daria,
I agree with you that people who are more privilege should learn to buy and eat their food to a limit so that they do not waste it. According to WorldVision.org, there are as many as 828 million people who are currently starving. This means that over 10 percent of the human population right now does not have any food to eat and there are many people in more privileged areas in the world who have so much food that they are not able to finish eating it and throw it out. I agree that we can help combat these problems of wasting food by learning how to buy just enough food to last us and not be wasteful, keep leftovers for later, and donate any food that is still good to eat to people who need it. These are all things that I have learned to do with my family and our food and I will continue to keep doing to save our planet.
Thanks, this is the website I used:
https://www.worldvision.org/hunger-news … 0countries.

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer