Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Off the Table?

Are there aspects of your daily life that you know contribute to your carbon footprint but you are unwilling to compromise to change them? In other words, what about your life is “off the table” when it comes to carbon emissions? It's OK to admit it- we all have these cherished behaviors!

Off the Table? >

1000kg carbon output is too low.

Silviuson

If you paid attention to the test, you saw you needed 1000kg of carbon emitted by you for a sustainable future, which I now want to get into.

For me both food and house sections are above 1000, so that’s not a good start, mainly because I use wood for heat and eat meat and eggs.

The workaround for hitting 1000 is using sun/wind/geothermal-based energy, which is not realistic for our family, and eating way less meat, which is not for me.

I eat meat because it’s tasty and because it gives me way more energy than I would hope for, while vegetable can barely keep up. They’re tasty and refreshing, but they simply can’t compete.

Lab-created meat won't work either. You can't convince me a pill can create what takes a few years in the real world.

Look, I'm not trying to be against this, I'm just stating the personal reasons that make me go against this low of a carbon footprint, despite having one of the lowest in my class.

Mainly aimed at the experts that supposedly look at these posts. If you got anything else to add, feel free.

Take care.

ratsmacker

well yes, you may not be able to reach the goal of 1000 kg, that doesn't mean that we can simply change that value. we can't just say that the goal is 2000 kg because well, 2000 is TWICE the amount of 1000. and I can understand the distaste for lab grown meat, even just hearing that statement scares me, id rather simply eat less meat than eat lab grown.

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer