Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Food & Hunger

What did you learn about dietary choices from using the footprint calculator? Now imagine that you could translate what you learned into an effective societal policy on food- what would it be? And how would this policy effect the need to alleviate world hunger?

925 million people on earth do not have enough to eat according to the FAO [Food and Agricultural Organization]. That's almost 1 in 7 inhabitants of our planet!

Food & Hunger >

Real Food VS Fake Food

peterpan1

Lots of processed food such as chips, salami, spam, candy, and desserts impact the environment a lot. The factories creating these foods get lots of money by baiting you with sugar tasty things. Although these foods are delicious, its also really unhealthy. There are many delicious sweet organic foods such as watermelon, lettuce, and pears. Buying vegetables from you local farmers market or nearby organic grocery outlets and cooking them yourselves will help the environment a lot. You can even grow your own fruits trees! Every little thing you do to conserve your carbon usage will help the world a lot.

seaotterlover123

I completely agree. Thank you for speaking up.

Barbir22

I am so happy to see this comment because I completely agree with you. My family and me have a garden and a orchard. They have so much up sides. You get to see with your own eyes how your food is grown and you know everything that happens with it. It is always much healthier than anything you can buy in stores. Also in this very fast and stressful world it is nice to sometimes enjoy the nature and work in your garden in peace. You can do the work relaxing by your own or you can make it into a fun family activity.

THNDRZ

Yes, I absolutely agree. The world is growing unhealthier each day, week, month and year. We should all start growing our own vegetables and eating healthier. My family from another county grows amazing fruits. They have a farm with tomatoes, bananas, passion fruit and even cabbage. Taking food from there just makes our food taste fresher. I also sometimes help my uncle with maintaining that garden. It just feels so good breathing in fresh air and enjoying nature. There are so many positives to eating, growing and buying vegetables.

Alice1234567890

I totally agree with you. My grandparents grow their vegetables. They also raise chickens to have meat and eggs. They also share it with us. The vegetables are fresher and cleaner compared to those that sell outside. You can also enjoy planting the vegetables that you want.

Bobby the monkey

I agree it’s you, especially now that technology have got more advanced you never know what can be in your food or what is inside. Thank you for speaking up.

6 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer