Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Now It's Time for Action!

All of you have calculated your emissions and you have surely discovered the unexpectedly high impact of some of your behaviors (eating meat, flying to a sunny destination, etc.) on your total footprints.

Are there any behaviors that you are really willing to change or to improve for the sake of the environment? What challenges do you encounter or think you will encounter while trying to change these things? What help, support, and insights from others would make your life easier with these new behaviors?

Let's discuss these issues and make our pledges here!

Now It's Time for Action >

Now It’s time for Action

sofija

I think that now it’s time to educate ourselves and others about the impact of our actions on the environment, and the steps we can take to reduce our carbon footprint. Education plays a critical role in reducing our carbon footprint, as they can help us better understand the impact of our actions on the environment and identify ways to make positive changes. I think that we can educate people in schools and on social media because a lot of people will see it there.

alyt

I agree. The more people learn about their carbon footprint, the easier it will be to implement changes to improve it. I wasn't aware about my carbon footprint's impact until recently learning about it in school.

bellabean

YES! well said i completely agree, Education does play a major role in reducing anyone's carbon footprint,just by doing this assignment i feel more aware of my actions,and its more clear what i need do the lower my carbon foot print.It is very beneficial for people to not only see how negative their actions can be towards the planet but to also know what to do about it.

Aila123

I totally agree with this statement, Educating others is such a great way to start with helping to prevent things. When you educate others with a thoughtful explantation it can really show a new perspective to the topic. For example i babysat for a family who would just throw out there leftovers after they're done dinner, and i would know that because i would see a full 2 servings of mac and cheese in their compost. So what i started to do was after i was done feeding the kids instead of throwing it out like they said i would simply put it in a container in a fridge. Then after a few weeks i could see that they noticed and started to do that and now they always put leftovers in the fridge. So those little things can definitely help. Because waste is a big thing that effects climate change.

4 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer