Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Food & Hunger

What did you learn about dietary choices from using the footprint calculator? Now imagine that you could translate what you learned into an effective societal policy on food- what would it be? And how would this policy effect the need to alleviate world hunger?

925 million people on earth do not have enough to eat according to the FAO [Food and Agricultural Organization]. That's almost 1 in 7 inhabitants of our planet!

Food & Hunger >

Importance of Food and Hunger

RyanHao

Food and hunger are essential components of human survival and well-being. The importance of food lies in its ability to provide the necessary nutrients for our bodies to function properly, maintain good health, and support our immune system. Hunger, on the other hand, is an uncomfortable sensation that signals our body's need for food. It is a crucial physiological response that ensures we consume the necessary nutrients to sustain life. However, hunger also has a social and cultural dimension, as many people around the world suffer from food insecurity, malnutrition, and hunger. Addressing these issues is crucial to ensuring that everyone has access to sufficient, safe, and nutritious food, which is fundamental to human health and dignity.

whopper

I agree with you, food is very important for us.  But it is crucial for us to eat healthy, safe, and nutrious food. We shouldn't eat any junk food.

Ruthvij P.

I also agree. Without food or water, people can't survive. People in Africa are suffering. We shouldn't waste food and should use it wisely.

tinlok

I for sure agree, food is important but sometimes too much food isn't good for your body.

Jaqi

I agree,food is essential for survival and good health, providing the body with the necessary nutrients, energy, and fuel required to function effectively. Eating a balanced diet can help improve overall health and wellbeing, prevent chronic diseases, and promote longevity.

Conner Chen

I agree, food is essential for nutrients and protein for the human body such as in organs, muscles, etc.

s2811

I totally agree, because good ratio of food and water is best for our bodies. We should't throw that many amount of food because there are people who don't have that much food.

WYLABOD

I agree with you, food is a vital part of human health, but large companys create foods that taste good, but is actually really bad for you as it is filled with sugar and processed ingredients. People need to realize how important it is to being eating healthy things, like proteins and vegetables. Eating a more balanced diet with improver your overall health, and over all mood and attitude, it can also help people live longer. Overall, it is important for people to have a even ration on what food they eat.

adslBOD

I agree, food is important, but having too much of it could be bad for you. I also agree that junk food is not good for you.

riduBOD1

I agree with you. However, the way that food is made in our modern society is not sustainable. A lot of the food that we eat has a negative impact on the environment. Because of this, we should try to incorporate as much eco friendly food into our diets as we can.

riduBOD1

I agree with you. However, the way that food is made in our modern society is not sustainable. A lot of the food that we eat has a negative impact on the environment. Because of this, we should try to incorporate as much eco friendly food into our diets as we can by researching what food is best for the environment and by growing our own.

https://www.sciencejournalforkids.org/w … rticle.pdf

BRVABOD

Food and Water are essential for human survival. If we keep releasing all of this carbon into the atmosphere it is going to be harder to get clean water and it is also going to be harder to grow food on a large scale. A lot of animals that we eat such as cows really contribute to the rising of carbon dioxide in our atmosphere. We have found ways to have the cows not release as much carbon dioxide but all animals that we eat release a decent amount into the atmosphere. If it is possible we should try and supplement the foods with veggies and fruits. For example you could do meatless mondays and only eat plant based foods.

You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer