Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Food & Hunger

What did you learn about dietary choices from using the footprint calculator? Now imagine that you could translate what you learned into an effective societal policy on food- what would it be? And how would this policy effect the need to alleviate world hunger?

925 million people on earth do not have enough to eat according to the FAO [Food and Agricultural Organization]. That's almost 1 in 7 inhabitants of our planet!

Food & Hunger >

Climate Change and Carbon Footprints

Conner Chen

Since the early 2000s, climate change has started to become a real big problem in the modern world. This would include increased CO2 in the atmosphere, increased chances of forest fires, ice caps melting, etc. However, the current situation is actually solvable. The UN has made statements on climate change, they’ve said before in the past that it’s possible to solve the rise of Carbon Footprints in the atmosphere. However, I believe the best way to fix the situation is to first fix the transportation section of society. Although it would be hard to tackle, it is the biggest producer of Carbon in the atmosphere and by tackling it to reduce as much as possible, it could greatly reduce carbon. What do you think?

ToniJ

I agree with the fact that one of the biggest contributors to the rise of Carbon Footprints is the transportation section of society, however even if we lower our Carbon Footprints as much as possible, the amount of carbon in the atmopshere will still rise. In my opinion we should try lowering not just the amount of footprint produced by the transportation section, but pf all sources that emit Carbon. The situation is very bad and i think we should try to reolve the problem as fast as possible.

BarbaraP

I agree that climate change is a big problem and it should be solved. Transportation is one of the biggest causes of climate change. People should use less their personal cars that are powered by fuel and use more of public transports for longer distances and walk or use bikes for short distances. The best way to solve transportation problem would be to encourage people to buy electric cars. Sadly, they are very expensive so a lot of people can't afford it. I think that can be solved by engineers which could find a way to make cars more affordable and technically advanced. Also, more advanced public transportation is needed because old buses or trams are not attractive or environmentally acceptable.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer