Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

MY Family Footprint

Many students using our footprint calculator said that they could not pledge to reduce their home footprints because they were not making the decisions for the household. Here is your chance to design your own sustainable virtual household!

If you had your own home, what would you do to make it more energy efficient? Where would you get your electricity from? Where would your house be? Would you live near to your school or work or local transit options? Where would you get your food from?

MY Family Footprint >

Carbon footprint

wimeBOD

My carbon footprint was 19774 kgs per year. This is on the high side of the median range for my region. I'm not surprised that I fall in the higher category given the greenhouse gases that my family and I emit into the environment. A few factors that I believe make my carbon footprint higher is that I commute a total of 1 hour to/from school each day and sometimes more due to practices. In order to lower this I could make up for this by riding my bike or walking in my hometown. My carbon footprint is also effected by the appliances in our home. This would change and lower if we switched to solar power or made sure we unplugged things, turned off lights and water when they're not in use. In order to lower my carbon footprint as well as my families it's important to be conscientious about our choices and make sure we prioritize the change where we can.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer