Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

MY Family Footprint

Many students using our footprint calculator said that they could not pledge to reduce their home footprints because they were not making the decisions for the household. Here is your chance to design your own sustainable virtual household!

If you had your own home, what would you do to make it more energy efficient? Where would you get your electricity from? Where would your house be? Would you live near to your school or work or local transit options? Where would you get your food from?

MY Family Footprint >

My Carbon Footprint

JwBOD1

My total Carbon Footprint is 13,985 kgs. I knew my footprint was going to be higher than the average. My highest footprint was home. I think it was home because I usually have on the air conditioning on a lot in the heat and my heater on in the cold, I use a lot of water, and sometimes I have/leave the light on a lot. My second highest was Transportation, I think it was transportation because I drive around a lot. To make my carbon footprint go down, I should do less of what I do right now. If I want my home footprint to go down I should start using less water, ALWAYS turn off lights when i'm not in the room, use a lot of blankets when it's cold instead of the heater, and stop wearing long and heavy clothes when it's hot. For Transportation I could carpool more instead of driving separate so much, I could also walk more. Lastly, to lower my purchases I could stop buying so many new things, start brining my own paper and plastic bags to stores. The celebrity with the highest carbon footprint is Taylor swift with the footprint of 8,293. I really want to try to make my carbon footprint go down and I will try really hard to.
https://greenly.earth/en-us/blog/ecolog … elebrities

khbuBOD

My Carbon Footprint is 9,175. This is under the average. My highest area of emissions are home with a total of 3,870.  I feel my emissions are this high because I play a lot of video games and have many things plugged in because of it. Also in the rest of the house different lights are turned on in the same room. This is the leading cause of my Carbon Footprint. If I unplugged and powered things of all the way in the house especially electronics and other devices the emissions would decrease exponentially. According to the New York Times you can lower your emissions by "Turn off appliances at the power outlet to reduce even more energy. Putting them to sleep is second best." The new york times gives a example of a very good way to lower your footprint is by unplugging things and making sure there turned of all the way when not in use. https://www.nytimes.com/guides/year-of- … -footprint

Another area that I have a high Carbon Footprint in is Transportation with a total of 3,886. This is partially high because I don't live close nor far from school. I take the bus some days but drive more then other days. If I started to take the bus more and started to carpool with my neighbors who go to the same school as me I could expenitionally lower my emissions. Also when I hang out I skate around where i'm going but I do drive a good amount. If I took the bus more and started carpools when I am out with my friends I could lower my emissions and my friends emissions. According to EPA "Carpool with friends instead of driving alone." Is a top way to lower your Carbon Footprint. In conclusions there is many things in my daily life I can do to be more environmentally friendly. How will you lower your Carbon Footprint ?
https://www.epa.gov/transportation-air- … hicles-and

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer