Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

MY Family Footprint

Many students using our footprint calculator said that they could not pledge to reduce their home footprints because they were not making the decisions for the household. Here is your chance to design your own sustainable virtual household!

If you had your own home, what would you do to make it more energy efficient? Where would you get your electricity from? Where would your house be? Would you live near to your school or work or local transit options? Where would you get your food from?

MY Family Footprint >

My Family Footprint

Aaqil

After closely looking into my carbon footprint, I realized that the carbon footprint that I had was very low compared to the average in my area, my carbon footprint was 6,933 kgs, but the average was some 9,000 kgs. I realized the biggest thing that was affecting my carbon footprint was my traveling. Although I thought I didn't travel that much ( I traveled only two times the past year), surprisingly it was the biggest intake of my carbon footprint. my transportation came out to 3,749 kgs, which to my surprise was astonishing if i say the least. However, my lowest was definitely the purchases, which came out to 353 Kgs. My Home kgs was roughly 1629 kgs, which was also weird, but then my food was roughly at 1,203 kgs. Apparently The amount you're supposed to have is only 1000, which was the most surprising, because no one had anything under 4000 in my class. In conclusion, this survey allowed me to see how much we could cut down on our energy consumption throughout all aspects of our life, especially in our home life.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer