Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Reuse & Repurpose

It's very tempting to throw things away or even drop them in a recycling bin when we are done with them. Is there a better way?

Share your ideas for extending the “lives” of the items that we buy and use, and their packaging as well!

Reuse & Repurpose >

Why should we recycle?

Dylnfndr

We all know that recycling is good for the environment, but what exactly is it that makes it better? First off, it produces less CO2. In 2008 alone, we saved the same amount of CO2 as 1 million flights would cost, just through recycling. Many people believe that recycling will not do anything, but that is not true. Recycling about 15 tons of recyclable material is almost equivalent to taking 3.5 million cars off of the road, which sounds like a really good improvement.

Mystery7298

I agree with what you are saying. I never really thought in depth about why we recycle. I just did it because everyone around me told me to. With your insights, you have helped me opened my eyes to the importance of recycling all that we can. Producing less carbon dioxide (CO2) is always better, especially considering that burning fossil fuels produces a ton of CO2 that is then released into the atmosphere, the ocean, and plants. In my opinion, recycling that 15 tons of material is incredibly helpful. I hope that more and more people will continue or start to recycle their recyclable materials while they are still alive.

As you said, “In 2008 alone, we saved the same amount of CO2 as 1 million flights would cost, just through recycling.”

If that is just in one year alone, imagine what we could do if even more people recycled. Imagine if we recycled more saw those results or better every year!

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer