Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

MY Family Footprint

Many students using our footprint calculator said that they could not pledge to reduce their home footprints because they were not making the decisions for the household. Here is your chance to design your own sustainable virtual household!

If you had your own home, what would you do to make it more energy efficient? Where would you get your electricity from? Where would your house be? Would you live near to your school or work or local transit options? Where would you get your food from?

MY Family Footprint >

What Could I Change?

ManPanGranStan

Personally, I don’t  want to change much about what we do, as there isn’t really much that we’d have to change, but there are some things that could be changed to lower our impact on the environment. The biggest thing that we could change would easily be our food consumption. We go on shopping sprees practically every week and eat outside every Thursday and Saturday. I feel it as kind of an addiction as we really don’t need to buy so much stuff every single week. Therefore, the main thing I would change about our actions is to not go out as much for food or resources unless we’d really need to. A way to do this would be to start a small vegetable garden, which we have already begun. For us, solar panels are a very expensive option, so there is a very slim chance that any part of our house, let alone all of it would be powered by solar panels. If it were possible, though, that would be a change I’m also willing to make. Our transportation and home kgs are lower than average otherwise.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer