Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Food & Hunger

What did you learn about dietary choices from using the footprint calculator? Now imagine that you could translate what you learned into an effective societal policy on food- what would it be? And how would this policy effect the need to alleviate world hunger?

925 million people on earth do not have enough to eat according to the FAO [Food and Agricultural Organization]. That's almost 1 in 7 inhabitants of our planet!

Food & Hunger >

Food & Hunger

harris932

Food and hunger are critical global issues that demand our attention. Despite the world producing more food than ever before, millions still go to bed hungry. Poverty, unequal food distribution, climate change, and conflict are key drivers of food insecurity. The consequences are severe, including malnutrition, health problems, and social unrest. To address this crisis, sustainable agriculture, poverty alleviation, food aid, education, and policy changes are essential. We must work together to ensure that food becomes a fundamental right for all, creating a world where hunger is a thing of the past.

https://www.wfp.org/

maleahalexander

Helping people in poverty

I completely agree with what you're saying. I believe we should make more effort to help ensure that our citizens are well fed and get the nutrients they need to be well and healthy. It is no doubt that we have enough food to go around so why are there so many people still living in poverty? We must act by lowering prices of nutrition-rich foods for easy access to those in need, creating and promoting more sustainable food systems, and reducing food waste and loss in our country. If such easy tasks are completed, I am sure it will call for a decrease in those in poverty and without food.

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer