Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Reuse & Repurpose

It's very tempting to throw things away or even drop them in a recycling bin when we are done with them. Is there a better way?

Share your ideas for extending the “lives” of the items that we buy and use, and their packaging as well!

Reuse & Repurpose >

Water Bottles

makim1715

Plastic water bottles are some of the main contributors to increased carbon emissions and pollution. Plastic water bottles (plastic in general) is essentially a product made from fossil fuels (www.no-burn.org). We use plastic bottles in our everyday lives, and reusing and recycling is one way we may all reduce our carbon footprint. Some ways to reuse plastic is to create pots, use as a cup at home, create a watering bucket by poking holes, or simply dispose of the water bottle by placing it in any recycling bin. This will really cut back on plastic pollution, our carbon footprints, and fossil fuel consumption. Another solution is to completely stop buying plastic water bottles. There are many alternatives, you may use any metal water bottle. They are easily reusable and easy to clean when needed. They also keep your water cooler for longer or hotter depending on what's in there, and it is a lot safer for your health because micro-plastics aren't leaching into your water.

kierstins_roach

I agree. Plastic is the one of the most-used materials on Earth. When I read that plastic was made via burning fossil fuels, it was shocking to me. However, if we reuse plastic by turning it into a pot (quoted from comment above), and you burn the plastic, won't we just scrap it in the end anyway? There are different ways to use plastic, but I still think that  reusing them as household items is not THE best idea, because they will end up being tossed anyway.

OliveV

I totally agree with this. Plastic water bottles are so bad for the environment. Plastic water bottles are contributing to increased carbon emissions and pollution. If you are going to use a plastic water bottle the least you can do it reuse it for a while and then recycle it. There are lots of creative ways you can reuse a plastic water bottle; you can cut the top off and paint it and use that to hold crayons, pencils,  art supplies and so much more. This is a great activity to do that could be fun for young kids. Another way to reuse plastic water bottles is by turning it into a diy plant pot and grow plants. Reusable water bottles are pretty affordable  and very easy to get. In conclusion, recycling is a pretty easy task. Everyone should be able to recycle plastic if you are going to use plastic in the first place.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer