Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

MY Family Footprint

Many students using our footprint calculator said that they could not pledge to reduce their home footprints because they were not making the decisions for the household. Here is your chance to design your own sustainable virtual household!

If you had your own home, what would you do to make it more energy efficient? Where would you get your electricity from? Where would your house be? Would you live near to your school or work or local transit options? Where would you get your food from?

MY Family Footprint >

Food Consumption

makim1715

After calculating my carbon footprint, I realized the main contributor to my carbon footprint (9368 KGS) was my food (being around 5000 KGS). Other factors were lower than the average, since my family doesn't waste money on unnecessary new items and inform us to turn off any electronics we don't use. I also do live in a smaller house were I share a room, this would lower my carbon footprint since we are saving space. I also do take public transportation %70 percent of the time to get to and from school. There are some occasions I get a ride, but we don't live too far. One thing that was way out of the average though was our food consumption. We are a family of 6, we require more food and most of my siblings are in the teenage stage, growing kids require more food. Me, especially, this had made me reflect on my food consumption and my recycling practices. My family sometimes use disposable utensils and plates which I think we should cut back on and consume less snacks as a family to reduce our carbon footprint.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer