Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Home Grown

How much does eating locally-produced food help the climate problem? What are the other potential environmental and social benefits of eating locally-grown/produced food? Do you have a food garden in your school or at home? If not, do you want one?

Home Grown >

Growing your own food!

kaity.basham

Growing your own food is an amazing way to minimize your carbon footprint, and possibly save money in the process. I personally have an at home garden and we grow fruits, vegetables, as well as herbs! It’s also nice knowing that I’m not eating anything that could be bad for me that might be on non local plants, like pesticides. Growing your own food is also a great way to use up your compost, to help naturally fertilize your garden at home without any chemicals. These are some of the many positives of growing your own food at home, and I definitely recommend doing it as not just a way to lower your carbon footprint (although that is a main positive) but as well as a fun and fulfilling activity, knowing that you grew the food you are eating.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer