Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Food & Hunger

What did you learn about dietary choices from using the footprint calculator? Now imagine that you could translate what you learned into an effective societal policy on food- what would it be? And how would this policy effect the need to alleviate world hunger?

925 million people on earth do not have enough to eat according to the FAO [Food and Agricultural Organization]. That's almost 1 in 7 inhabitants of our planet!

Food & Hunger >

Food and hunger

TazyianaUsA

I agree that we shouldn't throw food away because of how many people have to go through hunger. Even food places have to throw all the extra food aways. When they can just give it to hunger. As of 2023 44 million people go through hunger each year. It should be when people have some waste they should give it to the hungry and the homeless. There are multiple reasons why people should look more into hunger. For example, there were 13 million children in the United States that went through hunger in 2022. And in 2023 there were 17.6 million children that are going through hunger. I think that people should try to find a solution for hunger because it's a serious problem.
https://moveforhunger.org/hunger-facts# … 20children.
https://www.nokidhungry.org/who-we-are/ … 22%20homes.

sgrodo

i agree with you and we must collaborate to combat hunger by redistributing surplus food, prioritizing children’s nutrition, advocating for policy changes, and embracing innovative solutions. Let’s think big and ensure that no one goes to bed hungry.

Samuele

I agree that we need concrete solutions to tackle hunger. We must work together to reduce food waste, create better distribution networks, and ensure that anyone in need has access to food. Hunger is a serious problem, and every step we can take to fight it is crucial.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer