Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Food & Hunger

What did you learn about dietary choices from using the footprint calculator? Now imagine that you could translate what you learned into an effective societal policy on food- what would it be? And how would this policy effect the need to alleviate world hunger?

925 million people on earth do not have enough to eat according to the FAO [Food and Agricultural Organization]. That's almost 1 in 7 inhabitants of our planet!

Food & Hunger >

Food and Hunger

Vvivianl

In a world up to 783 million people, 1 in 10 of the world’s population, faces food hunger.
1. Food insecurity is increasing at an alarming rate: In 2022, nearly 258 million people across 58 countries experienced and faced starvation or worse.
2. Major drivers of hunger: COVID-19, weather conditions, and conflicts around the world. Conflicts/Wars was the main cause. For example, Afghanistan, South Sudan, and Syria.
3. The WAR IN UKRAINE: As Ukraine is a major exporter of cereal grains and sunflower oil, it disrupted global food supplies. Rising food prices, energy price, and growing financial crisis all increased hunger risks.

YOU CAN HELP END WORLD HUNGER BY DONATING!!

calaBOD

I agree with this. Sadly, so many people around the world don't have enough food. There are lots of reasons for this, like fights, bad weather, and now, the problems caused by the war in Ukraine. We all need to pitch in to help. Giving money or other help can make a big difference. If we all work together to fix the main problems and help right away, we can make sure everyone has enough to eat and make the world safer for food for everyone. In my old school, we would have canned food drives. We would make it a competition so everyone can participate.

ljhBOD

I agree that the current problems in this war like war contribute to world hunger. People in these countries are suffering from no housing and destruction of farms and livestock. People like me can help by donating food to the people in need. Students can participate in food drives at there school or participating in gardening and donating that food to the people who need it.

tegrBOD

I agree with this. World hunger is a complex issue, it is worsened by the world conflict like the war in Ukraine, the Genocides across the world. Displaced people, farms being destroyed and supply chains being disrupted leaving people struggling to find food. People all around the world can participate by donating to food drives and providing food and money could help this sad issue.

4 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer