Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Off the Table?

Are there aspects of your daily life that you know contribute to your carbon footprint but you are unwilling to compromise to change them? In other words, what about your life is “off the table” when it comes to carbon emissions? It's OK to admit it- we all have these cherished behaviors!

Off the Table? >

I can't give up on transport!

Valeria_Andronescu

Despite being part of a society in constant development, people are often forced to work or study far from their homes and this implies various emissions of carbon dioxide. There are ones who simply can not afford to move temporarly next to the place they have to be, thus these people, including me, have to travel weekly or daily long distances, fact that elevates the levels of carbon dioxide. This is a matter that causes a major impact on nature that we can't get rid of. Moreover, let's admit that a vast majority of people love traveling and I know that riding a bike instead of booking a flight is more nature-friendly, but let's be honest and say out loud that we don't have enough time for such a holiday, as we need to earn money in order to live peacefully and without problems. What do you think? Is it ok to give up that much on transport as long as we depend on it to such an extent?

wushashah

I think, if people can help it, for travelling short distances, they should always ride their bike instead of driving. Granted, not everybody knows how to, but this only applies to those who can or are willing to. For people who have to travel far distances almost daily, obviously for airplane rides they are excused, but even for people who have to travel at least 25 minutes or more to get somewhere I think they are also excused. Transportation in general is something that is hard for people to cut down on, but one thing that would help is if people bought more electric vehicles so that even if they have to travel daily, they wouldn't have as much carbon emissions.

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer