Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Extreme Weather

In the Northern Hemisphere in 2017 and 2018 brought several destructive hurricanes to the shores of North America, the Caribbean, and throughout the Pacific rim. Such extreme weather events are predicted to get more common and more severe with increasing climate change.

Several participating classes in the ISCFC were or are in the path of these storms and we hope for the best for them, their families and communities.

We would love to hear from students affected directly and indirectly by extreme weather events, and also any students who have been following the news this summer.

What are your thoughts about the connection between climate change and extreme weather events? Has this hurricane season increased your concern about climate change or not? Do you think that US citizens and residents (and others in the region) will take climate change more seriously now?

Extreme Weather >

Extreme Weather

IsaacJust

I believe that climate change and global warming are both real, and it should also be realized that it is real. People should realize that our climate, that's changing, should be helped out because it needs to stay "healthy."

gus.g3

I fully agree, and and one of the main things that global warming does is create major weather events, such as tsunami's, floods, and hurricanes, because of all of the new warmth and moistness in the atmosphere and over the ocean. These extreme weather events cause much destruction to property, the land itself, as well as buildings, and they are also very deadly to humans as well.

Emmet Marshall

Also, because these weather events are now so common in most of the world, it need to be recognized that time and money needs to be spent on both ways to combat climate change, as well as combating the direct and devastating impacts that climate change is having on communities all over the world

davod

I agree. People must realize that it's real since if we don't do anything we will end up killing the planet. Here in my country, we had floods that ruined a lot of people's houses, destroyed a lot of buildings and killed people.

Imre1234

I completely agree, everyone needs to realize that climate change is one of if not the biggest problems facing the world today. People need to unify and help put an end to this. Califorina alone had around 52,000 wild fires in the past year.

5 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer