When the first case of COVID-19 case was discovered at the University of Washington, MEDEX moved all courses to remote learning on March 30, 2020. The MEDEX didactic faculty was able to respond immediately with their reimagined plan for PA education, utilizing recorded lectures, Zoom webinars, and other online tools. In response to these changes, students stepped up to learn in new and sometimes challenging ways.May 12, 2020
Emily Storesund believes there’s far too little joy in medicine. Her years working as a nursing assistant in various healthcare settings have led her to this conclusion. Now in her clinical year as a member of MEDEX Seattle Class 52, Emily’s empathy and proven ability to communicate with patients sets her up well for a new career as a physician assistant.
A former researcher in late stage cancer for Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Hiep Nguyen has embarked on his second year in PA education at MEDEX. He’s building on a strong foundation of patient care and social activism to hone his clinical skills as a physician assistant student, while crediting his Vietnamese immigrant family for the perseverance that will see him through to graduation.
It took fifty years to get here, but MEDEX Northwest held a grand celebration to mark its golden anniversary. Alumni traveled from across the state and the country to be a part of this benchmark occasion: 2,600 PAs that all started from a small class of fourteen in 1969 right here at the University of Washington. Here’s to the next 50 years!
- MEDEX Champion Awards The MEDEX Champion Awards
- MEDEX Graduations 2019 MEDEX Graduations 2019: Welcome To The Profession
- Grace Landel, M.Ed, PA-C Grace Landel, M.Ed, PA-C: 2019 MEDEX Lifetime Achievement Award
- Tim Quigley, MPH, PA-C Something I Felt Passionate About Since I was a Kid
- 2018 Incoming Student Class Something We Live and Breathe
- Incoming Class 2017 MEDEX Incoming Class 2017: Healthcare As A Team Sport
- Interprofessional Education Making Things A Bit Easier For Everyone
- Timara Freeman-Young No Reason To Hit The Brakes
- Caitlin Kokot I’m Able To Solve The Problem
- Jenna Warren I Think I’ve Found My Niche
- Lena Redkina, PA-C Without Them, I Wouldn’t Be Here
- Coty Holm and Anna Zakharova A Venerable Legacy of Veterans as PAs
- Paul Hastings Knowing What Right Looks Like
- Andrew Merrick Running Towards The Problem