SSW MSW Blog

Summer internships at the Governor’s Office

I’m reaching out to let you know about an internship I was hoping you could pass along to your students. The Governor’s Office is recruiting for interns for the 2016 session of the Governor’s Leadership Academy. We’re looking for hard working, talented students (must be enrolled in school) who are committed to public service and who want to develop their leadership and public policy skills in a high profile, dynamic environment.

We have 8 intern spots to fill this summer, all throughout our office. Interns in past summers have had the opportunity to staff the governor, write briefings and press releases, research and draft policy and legal documents, help plan an international trade mission, tour state agencies, meet with elected officials, and many other things. Internships are located in our office in Olympia, Washington, and we have one spot in Washington, D.C. Unfortunately these are unpaid internships, but we make a dedicated effort to give our interns a unique and worthwhile experience while with our office.

I hope you would be able to pass this along to any students you know of who might be interested. I would be happy to speak with anyone who has further questions, as I am coordinating the interviewing and hiring of our 2016 class of interns.

The posting can be found online here and I’m taking applications through the end of March.

Thank you!

Comments