The graduate student panel is comprised of a selection of graduate students in the chemical engineering department. Each student will read a number of applications and score them based on the National Science Foundation’s Review Criteria.
Here are a few tips that graduate students participating in the panel gave for future applicants:
- Make sure that your recommendation letter is personalized and specific.
- Your abstract should appeal to a broad audience and highlight the impacts of your research.
- Do not exceed page limits for the CV – We have a large number of applications to read so we will only read up to the page limits.
- Through your CV and abstract, try to emphasize why what you have done will interest us and the broader community of engineers
- Follow all guidelines carefully
- Be sure to include information about publications, presentations, outreach, teaching experience, and awards/fellowships that you have received