IFSP- Indonesia 2013 Program Cost
The cost of the 2013 program is $1895.00. This price includes:
- The program fee (administrative and operating expenses);
- All necessary transportation while in Indonesia (airport pick-up/drop-off, transportation to/from MB Transit basecamp, transportation to/from Tinjil Island);
- Housing (hotel - modest accommodations) for 5 nights in Bogor; and
- Room and all meals while on Tinjil Island and at the MB Transit basecamp (field conditions, primitive accommodations).
The program cost DOES NOT include:
- Travel documents (passport, Indonesia entry visa);
- Health/travel insurance;
- Meals while not on Tinjil Island/at the MB Transit basecamp;
- Special food items to take to or have sent to Tinjil (candy, cookies, soda, etc.);
- Local transportation or side trips;
- Optional sightseeing;
- Course material (books, supplies);
- Pocket money;
- Tips (tipping is not needed at restaurants, hotels, taxi);
- Airport departure tax in Indonesia (150,000rp - about $17.00); and
- UW course tuition for the IFSP-Indonesia courses.
IMPORTANT: In order to make such a program logistically feasible (holding reservations, coordinating transportation, etc.), the schedule and fees for this program are fixed and nonrefundable.
- If a participant chooses a different arrival time, wishes to select another hotel, wants to shorten or extend their stay in Indonesia, etc., the respective costs of the program cannot be refunded and scheduled transportation (e.g., to/from airport, etc.) will be forfeited.
- A $500.00 nonrefundable deposit (to be applied to the program cost) is due within two weeks from date of acceptance to the program. Payment should be made by check to: University of Washington
- The remaining balance of the program cost is due by Monday, 17 June 2013. Payment should be made by check to: University of Washington.
WITHDRAWAL AND REFUND POLICY: Request for withdrawal from the program must be made in writing to the Program Director via email or post. Your official withdrawal date is the date your written request for withdrawal is received by the Center for Global Field Study office.
- If notice of withdrawal is received 59 or more days prior to the beginning of the program in Indonesia (i.e., on or before 17 June 2013), the total amount of the program payment, less the $500.00 nonrefundable deposit, will be refunded.
- If notice of withdrawal is received less than 59 days prior to the program commencement in Indonesia (i.e., after 17 June 2013), the $500.00 nonrefundable deposit as well as all program payments will not be refunded.
- No refunds will be made for withdrawals occurring once the program begins.
- Note: airline tickets may have certain refund restrictions.