Paper of the Month
DIVE: A data instensive visualization engine.
Bromley, D., Rysavy, S.J., Su, R., Toofanny, R.D., Schmidlin, T., Daggett V.
Bioinformatics 30:593, 2014
Modern scientific investigation is generating increasingly larger data sets, yet analyzing these data with current tools is challenging. DIVE is a software framework intended to facilitate big data analysis and reduce the time to scientific insight. Here we present features of the framework and demonstrate DIVE’s application to the Dynameomics project, looking specifically at two proteins. More...
Goals: Realistic simulation of protein dynamics, unfolding/folding, and conformational transitions linked to disease.
- Congratulations to Clare Towse who received a research grant from the Amyloidosis Foundation! Read more at their website by pressing here.
- Valerie Daggett was been elected a Fellow of the American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering, 2015 and is being inducted in April 2016! More Info.
- Congratulations to Nathan Maris wo received a Mary Gates Research Scholarship for 2015-2016!
- We are putting the final touches on documentation and licensing paperwork so that we can release our molecular modeling package in lucem molecular mechanics! Please check back for links to download site.
- Congratulations to Clare Towse who received the 2015 UW Postdoc Mentor of the Year Award! See the department's article on Clare by pressing here.
- Congratulations to Matt Childers who has been chosen as a predoctoral trainee on the Bioengineering Cardiovascular Training Grant!
- Congratulations to Alissa Bleem who received a 2015 NSF Graduate Research Fellowship!
- Congratulations to Michael Liao who was chosen as a Mary Gates Scholar 2015-2016.
- Our amyloid work is included in an article on Innovative Medicine: Researchers develop advanced treatments through cutting-edge science in the November Issue of the Alaska Airlines Magazine. A captive audience. See the article here (go to page 140). See the UW BioE announcement here.
- FINALLY, experimental results backing our 2004 hypothesis that alpha-sheet structure is associated with toxicity during amyloidosis has just gone live in eLife! Get the paper here. See the UW announcement here.
- We have released DIVE, our Data Intensive Visual Analytics software framework for accessing, streaming, interrogating, comparing, and visualizing big data. See our new papers in Bioinformatics and IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications (see Publications page). Get more information about downloading DIVE here.