Paper of the Month
Multimolecule test-tube simulations of protein unfolding and aggregation
McCully M.E., Beck D.A.C., Daggett V.
PNAS 109:17851, 2012
Molecular dynamics simulations of protein folding or unfolding, unlike most in vitro experimental methods, are performed on a single molecule. The effects of neighboring molecules on the unfolding/folding pathway are largely ignored experimentally and simply not modeled computationally. More...
Goals: Realistic simulation of protein dynamics, unfolding/folding, and conformational transitions linked to disease.
- If you are an undergraduate student interested in doing research with us next summer, then you should apply for the NNIN REU Program. The deadline is 2/13/13. Please see http://www.nnin.org/research-experience-undergraduates for more information.
- Congratulations to Dr. Michelle McCully who successfully defended her thesis on 7/18/12. Michelle has received a fellowship for the ISIS Program at UCSF and she will be conducting postdoctoral research in the lab of Prof. Bill DeGrado. Congratulations Michelle!
- Congratulations to Dr. Rudesh Toofanny who just received his Permanent Residency and he was just promoted to a Research Scienctist. Congratulations Rudesh!
- The Group is looking for a postdoctoral fellow interested in applying for the UW Sackler Scholars Program. The program offers a competitve two-year fellowship for work in two different labs at UW in the field of biophysics.
- Congratulations to Robert Su who just received his BS in Bioengineering and he will be joining us as a BS/MS student this Fall 2012. Congratulations Robert!