About the Design Challenge
Teams participating in the social robot design challenge will create a prototype of a social robot. You should design a robot that you can imagine living in your school. The robot’s main purpose is to help students deal with stress.
What is a Prototype
A prototype is a starting point for a design. It’s the beginning idea or model of what a design could become. A prototype does not have to work as a final system would. But it should suggest what the final version might do.
Prototypes help explore ideas for design and get feedback from other people on a design. Prototypes can be hand drawn. Learn more about Prototyping .
Participating teams include high schools and after-school programs from around Puget Sound.
- Ballard High School – Seattle, WA
- Henry Foss IB World School – Tacoma, WA
- Nathan Hale High School – Seattle, WA
- Oakland High School – Tacoma, WA
- Roosevelt High School – Seattle, WA
- SAMI (Science and Math Insitute) – Tacoma, WA
- Chief Leschi Schools – Puyallup, WA
- Check back to see the full list of participating schools