Cellular and Molecular Imaging Core
The rationale of the CMIC is to facilitate and enhance the research of DRC affiliate investigators by providing specialized expertise and equipment required for high quality histochemical and morphological analyses that would otherwise not be available to them.
The CMIC provides DRC affiliate investigators with access to expert technical assistance, specialized instrumentation, services, and collaborative expertise that are based on histochemical methods used in cell biology and molecular pathology. Accordingly, the CMIC offers:
- Facilities and technical assistance for morphological and histochemical analyses;
- Development of automated morphological methods and protocols;
- Consultation in the design and interpretation of morphological-based protocols;
- Hands-on and didactic training to affiliates and their trainees and personnel; and
- Interpretation of histopathologic data by expert comparative pathologists.