CFP: 2012 UW Teaching and Learning Symposium
The Center for Teaching and Learning, the Faculty Council on Teaching and Learning, the Teaching and Learning Center at UW Bothell, and the Teaching and Learning Center at UW Tacoma invite your participation in the Eighth Annual Teaching and Learning Symposium at the University of Washington, scheduled for Tuesday, April 17, 2012, 2:00-4:30 p.m., in the Walker Ames Room, Kane Hall.
Many UW faculty, graduate students and professional staff are actively engaged in examining how their work affects student learning. The Symposium provides a forum where all who share this interest in improving student learning can learn about the work their colleagues are doing. We invite you to present your work on teaching and learning at the Symposium. Presenters are asked to represent their work in a poster session and to be on hand during the session to discuss their work with others.
To view abstracts of sessions presented at the Symposium in previous years, visit:
To submit a proposal, use the application WebQ:
Proposals must be received by Friday, March 16th. Acceptances will be confirmed by Tuesday, March 27th. Further inquiries about the Symposium can be directed to sotl @ uw.edu
- 2011-2012 i.e. Winner: “The impact of tangible evidence” by Rebecca Eskildsen
- 2011-2012 Winner: “A Virtual Exchange of Basketball Culture” by Ameen Tabatabai
- Read-Around Groups (4)
- Rhetorical Peer Review
- 2010-11 i.e. Winner: “That’s So Ghetto!” by Pat Origenes
- 2010-11 Winner: “Literal and Metaphorical: Racial Themes in Harry Potter” by Kayhan Nejad
- 2010-11 Selected Essays
- CFP: 2012 UW Teaching and Learning Symposium
- Award Ceremony & Pizza Party for 2010-11 e.g. Winners
- Introducing i.e.