David Fishman's love of horticulture and photography combines with his skills in photo restoration and graphics to create stunning photographs.
David's art will be on display at the Miller Library. The exhibit runs August 3 through August 31, 2016. Artist reception Thursday, August 4th from 5 to 7pm.
Stay Connected: Subscribe to Leaflet!
The Miller Library Leaflet is a monthly email newsletter. Sign up to receive the latest news, events, and new books linked for easy hold-placing.
- August Leaflet: read about the fine line between a ground cover that grows in any condition and an invasive plant, plus new books.
- August Leaflet for Scholars: Brian Thompson reviews Alien Plants a natural history of invasive plants in Great Britain.
30 Books for 30 Years
Join us as we celebrate thirty years of service and the extraordinary support of people like you.
Create an anniversary book dedication to show the public that this library is possible through the generosity of our patrons!
WHO: Kids ages 3 to 8 and their parents.
WHAT: Enjoy stories about plants and nature.
Special Extended Library Hours
The library stays open until 7pm before scheduled Northwest Horticultural Society lectures. Lectures are open to the public, $5 members, $10 non-members.
Recommended Books & Research Tools
- Student Tools & Research Page
- Arboreta, Gardens and Herbaria
- Booklists by topic
- Book Reviews
- Horticultural Bookstores and Publishers
- Organizations and Plant Societies
- Pacific Northwest Gardening Connections
- Online Periodicals
- Plant Identification and Selection
- Soil Tests, Plant Care and Problem Solving
- The Traveling Gardener: sales, shows
With over 15,000 books on gardening techniques, garden design and history, native floras from around the world, and 400 magazine titles, the Miller Library has the most extensive horticulture collection in the Pacific Northwest. More about the Miller Library.
The Miller Library Thanks our Financial Supporters:
member of the
Council on Botanical and Horticultural Libraries