The Center for Experiential Learning and Diversity is currently seeking an undergraduate student assistant to work 19 hours per week. Compensation is $10.00/hour. This position is Work-Study eligible.
The Center for Experiential Learning and Diversity connects UW undergraduates to exciting opportunities that enrich individual education and facilitate group learning. The Center helps students get involved in research with world-renowned faculty, encourages leadership through community participation and aids in the search and application for local, national and international scholarships.
- This student contributes to the success of the center by providing a welcoming atmosphere to
students, staff, faculty and the public.
- Responsibilities include assisting in daily operations which includes greeting individuals,
answering telephones, disseminating program information, directing visitors to EXPD staff and
assisting the center manager with projects and budget reporting.
- Other responsibilities: mail distribution, ordering and stocking supplies, photocopying,
filing, data entry in Excel and other UW Systems, word processing, preparing and assembling
materials for distribution, providing courier service to and from locations on campus and
assisting with special projects and events.
- Excellent for students who are already involved or interested in experiential learning.
- Valuable for students who want to gain professional working experience and/or learn about student services in higher education.
- Work with friendly staff in a supportive, team-oriented environment.
- Relatively flexible schedule.
Must enjoy working and interacting with a diverse student population
Excellent customer service / telephone skills and etiquette and attention to detail
Advanced proficiency with software such as Excel, WORD and Access
Able to follow directions and work well both as a member of a small team and independently
Creative problem solving skills, ability to balance a variety of duties for multiple programs
Additional Desired Skills:
- Bookkeeping or accounting
- Updating websites
How to Apply:
Please email a resume, cover letter, and contact information for two academic or work related
references to: Virginia Lupori, Manager, Center for Experiential Learning and Diversity via Word or
pdf attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority deadline for consideration is Friday March 9, 2012