Neck & Veins Examination
References: Neck Veins
To read more about physical diagnosis skills, check out the General References
- Badgett, R.G., et al. Can the clinical examination diagnose left-sided heart failure in adults? JAMA 1997; 277:1712-1719
- Butman, SM, GA Ewy, JR Stabler, KB Kern, and E Hahn. Bedside cardiovascular examination in patients with severe chronic heart failure: importance of rest or inducible jugular venous distention. J Am Coll Cardiol 1993; 22:968-974.
- Cook, et al. Does this patient have abnormal central venous pressure? JAMA, Feb. 28, 1996.
- Lewis, T. Remarks on early signs of cardiac failure of the congestive type. Brit Med J 1930; May10:849-852
- Sapira, J.D. The art and science of bedside diagnosis. 1990. (Urban & Schwarzenberg, Baltimore.)
- Cable, C., and the UCLA School of Medicine. The Auscultation Assistant. http://www.med.ucla.edu/wilkes/intro.html (1997). (Permission to link to this website was granted by the author, Christopher Cable, MD.)
- Hayword, R., et al. (ed), and the Evidence Based Medicine Informatics Project at McMaster University. Evidence-based Medicine: A New Approach to Teaching the Practice of Medicine. http://hiru.mcmaster.ca/ebm/userguid/overview.htm (1997).
- Oxman, A.D., et al, and the Evidence Based Medicine Working Group at McMaster University. User's Guide for the Medical Literature. http://hiru.mcmaster.ca/ebm/userguid/1_intro.htm (1997).