Ceramics Studio Assistant Position

Sam Dodie Studio – seeks PT Ceramics Studio Assistant

Hello! The time has come for me to ask for some real help. I am looking for someone to help me out in the studio moving into the holiday season. I am hoping to find someone for 1-2 days a week starting ASAP through mid December.

This position will be treated as paid contract work. The rate will be $22/hr. Hours may fluctuate week to week, but applicants can expect to work 4-8 hours a week. Work days and time are flexible, but ideally I am looking for someone who can work with me between the hours of 10am-7pm. My studio is located in the Central District of Seattle, WA.

Assistant duties may include (but are not limited to)
+ Order fulfillment
+ Processing clay reclaim
+ General studio clean up
+ Basic glazing
+ Basic hand building
+ Sanding
+ Prepping/wedging clay
+ Possibly running errands if you are able (pick up clay, packing materials, post office runs etc.)

Other requirements
+ Must be located in Seattle or willing to travel to Seattle
+ Must be vaccinated for COVID19

The ideal candidate will be motivated, organized and efficient. Some experience in ceramics is preferred, but not necessary!

This application will remain open until 10/10. Once the application closes, I will review the applications and follow up with those I would like to interview. I will do my best to respond to all applicants by 10/20.

Feel free to reach out via email (samdodiestudio@gmail.com) if you have any questions about the position or application.

Thank you so much!