Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Is Climate Change Real & Human-Caused?

The ISCFC is all about reducing our individual and collective contributions to climate change.

But is climate change really happening? Is it mostly caused by human activity, including our production of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases?

In the United States and elsewhere, there are people who are not convinced by the science. But the great thing about science is that we use evidence to evaluate scientific questions. So what is the evidence related to climate change?

Are you or are you not convinced by the majority of climate scientists who say that climate change is real and largely human caused? Why are you convinced/not convinced? What evidence might change your mind one way or the other?

Is Climate Change Real & Human-Caused? >

is climate change human caused?

kristrunhuang

climate change is 100% real but is it human caused? The main driver of climate change is the greenhouse effect. Many of these greenhouse gases occur naturally, but human activity is increasing the concentrations of some of them in the atmosphere. CO2 produced by human activities is the largest contributor to global warming and other greenhouse gases are emitted by human activity in smaller quantities.

yhluca

absolutely, human activity is the main cause for climate change

kylev

It's definitely human caused. Natural climate change happens over millions of years, so organisms have a chance to evolve with it. The rate climate change occurs with carbon emissions will kill all of us.

Sam_nocera

I totally agree, we are responsible for 90% of all green-house gases in the atmosphere.

NiCkwe

Yes I think humans are the main cause for climate change. Because at the rates CO2 levels are going up its definitely not all natural causes creating this.

Scarletisafungi

Hi, I agree with what you said. There are, indeed, natural changed in climate such as the ice ages. However, these occur over millions of years and changes in climate are happening rapidly and unnaturally. This is giving animals no time to adapt, thus, killing many off. This is a huge problem that we caused from our food, transportation, and heating systems.

stellagcanada

adding onto the fact that climate change's leading cause is the greenhouse effect, an enormous amount of CO2 in the air has come from animal agriculture. A large reason animal agriculture has risen to the point of giving off this much carbon is because of human's overconsumption of animal meat. if humans weren't so dependent on the agriculture industry, there would not be this much cattle, therefore not as much CO2 in the air.

MartaB

I agree and especially if you look at graphs showing CO2 in the atmosphere from the beginning of the industrial revolution it just goes up from there

Yaser Hosainy

Agree with ya'll, specially, over-using is also another threat to the Earth! People use too much of something they can use for so many times, like water bottles. 80 percent of the plastic water bottles we buy end up in landfills. U.S. landfills are overflowing with more than 2 million tons of discarded water bottles. It takes up to 1,000 years for every single water bottle to decompose. Each bottle leaks harmful chemicals into our environment along the way as it decomposes.

Yaser Hosainy

Agree with y'all, specially, over-using is also another threat to the Earth! People use too much of something they can use for so many times, like water bottles. 80 percent of the plastic water bottles we buy end up in landfills. U.S. landfills are overflowing with more than 2 million tons of discarded water bottles. It takes up to 1,000 years for every single water bottle to decompose. Each bottle leaks harmful chemicals into our environment along the way as it decomposes.

ndkn on MC

Yeah, I believe that it is real and Human-Caused. The population increases, which increases the potential for more greenhouse gases to be created.

Weed Wacker

I definitely agree that humans are the main cause of climate change due to us causing the greenhouse effect.

You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer