Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Wants or Needs?

Is having the latest technology a want or a need?

How often do you get a new cel phone or mp3 player? Did you really need a new model? Do you consider the environmental impact of these purchases? If you are addicted, how can you break your addiction?

Wants or Needs? >

Do I Really Need It?

A Chau (canada)

Wanting something is way different then needing something. For starters when you need something your life depends on it. If you don't have it you won't live another day (that's pushing it a bit). Some examples are food, water, electricity, health care, and medicine. Now how do you tell the difference? For me every time I go out I ask myself if this is something I need, if it's something I will use and, if it's something that is useful to me. Wants aren't necessarily bad. Some examples of wants could be a new book, or a new jacket that was on sale. Wants can help provide joy and reassurance at times. So, next time you go to a store ask yourself the three questions. Do I need it, will I use it, and, is it useful. Now why should we think about this? What will this do? If we reduce the amount of wants then the emissions from what produces  them will decrease.

arudygarcia

We don’t really need half of the stuff we have, but it makes us live comfortably and happily.

brietb03

even though we dont necessarily need it to live we do need unnecessary things to maintain our happiness. If we would only buy things that we need to live we wouldn´t be happy and happiness is clearæy a necessary thing to live. Of course we have to weight out and say no to ourselves if we are buying too much of the things we dont need but they are still in a way necessary to our life quality.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer