Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Environmental Justice (new topic, Feb 2021!)

Can we solve the climate crisis without confronting global inequities?

A recent study in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA found that white residents in the USA produce more climate pollution than black or hispanic residents, but black and hispanic people are exposed to more air pollution.

And that is just the USA! Think about the global inequities in the "haves" and the "have nots".

And how are we going to lift people out of poverty without making the climate crisis even worse?

If you are a resident in a wealthy country, is it your responsibility to address both problems at once? And what would that look like in terms of national and international policy?

Environmental Justice >

Air pollution

Furi

Every year world industry pollutes the atmosphere with tons of dust and other harmful things. As a result many species of animals and plants disappear forever, including fish and birds. Many large cities suffer from factory smog. Their activity pollutes the air, the water, the forests and the land.
Apart from factories there are lots of vehicles in the streets of every more or less developed city.First of all, they exhaust toxic gases into the air. Secondly, they are considered to be the main noise offenders in the city. This problem progresses as the number of cars increases from year to year. As a result the level of harmful substances in the air also increases.
n my opinion, environmental protection should become of a global concern and serious measures should be taken to create ecological security.

Esha22

I completely agree with you. It's becoming more and more clear that human activities are influencing the environment in a negative way, and that something must be changed. Our cars, cities, factories and agriculture are polluting the world. Things like changing to a more natural energy source are definitely steps we and some companies should take.

lime9463

I strongly agree with you. The world needs to take action immediately and take air pollution seriously.

Lea9610

You are absolutely correct. Air pollution is a massive issue that we definitely have to deal with. Humans play a huge role in contributing to the pollution, when they use their cars, burn fossil fuels, etc. We need to find solutions to these issues quickly, for this is a very concerning topic.

Nastaran

I totally agree with you, the air is important for human health and the environment.

Kurisu

You are very correct, many people are lacking the knowledge that fossil fuels causes a lot of pollution for our air/atmosphere and cars, both have negative effects on the environment and they're are just ignorant.

6 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer