Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Clean Development

The Millenium Development Goals, agreed to by every member country of the United Nations in 2000, call for the worldwide eradication of poverty and hunger, universal education, gender equality and huge improvements in health by 2015: two years ago!!

Can we do this without making the planet warmer?

Let's think big and imagine how we can confront the climate crisis in a way that is realistic about the other major problems that we face as a planet and as a species on it.

Clean Development >

Reformation of Transportation

quanb

One of the major contributors to carbon emission is the vehicles we travel around with. Vehicles that use gasoline for fuel releases tons of Co2 into the atmosphere every year. Coming from a MEDCs like Vietnam, our streets are filled with motorbikes and cars that only use gasoline. I know the same applies to many other countries as well. That is why I believe now is the time for the transition of using other eco-friendly alternatives such as electric or vegetable oil. Electric can easily be generated from renewable energy resources from wind farms, solar panels, and tidal power. We have already seen a first glance at the success that electric cars could bring from their recent use in the U.S. Without a doubt, a reformation to sustainable fuel will help us reduce our carbon emissions significantly.

Bijan

Hi, I agree that cars that use oil are playing a huge part in pollution. Hybrid and electric vehicles can help save our environment by limiting the amount of carbon dioxide that get released into the atmosphere. Converting all the cars from oil to electric would be very difficult and most likely wouldn't happen until the far future, but each conversion would help the environment bit by bit.

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer