Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Sustainable City

Here's your chance not just to be the mayor, but the original city planner as well! Imagine a medium sized city that would be developed with modern, low carbon transportation in mind, and other strategies to reduce the average citizens' carbon footprints.

What would that city look like? Would that make you more likely to want to live there?

Sustainable City >

Public Transit

JoeyNolfo

How is it that in a time of rapid increase of carbon New York City has had a 15% drop in Carbon rates from 2004-2016? A big part of this is that New York has a growing and in use public transit system. What ideas could help move this into more spread out city's.

msparano

I think it's necessary to make an impact with policymakers who will be apportioning budgets to things such as public transit budgets as well as laws that could incentivize using individual cars less, which would both help decrease carbon output. I also think getting the word out on what NYC has been doing right is very important for people to see how impactful and relatively convenient these changes are.

Ball1

I agree with you. I recently went to New York City over the summer, and the Subway system is great because it is so intricate, and it is used by so many people that carbon emissions are definitely being cut. I think other cities should definitely adopt this system because it is very efficient and it cuts carbon emissions by a lot.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer